Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mashed Potatoes

5 lb potatoes
5 T. butter
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese (softened)
1 c. sour cream
2 tsp. onion salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 T. fresh chives (chopped)

Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until very tender. Drain well. Mash with 3 T. butter. Add cream cheese, sour cream, onion salt, garlic powder, pepper, and 1 T. of the chives. Mix well with electric mixer.

Spoon into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Melt remaining butter, drizzle over the top. Cover and freeze for 1 month, or bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes (or until heated through). To use frozen potatoes: thaw in refrigerator and bake as directed.

*This recipe was a recipe I found on allrecipes.com, though it may be from a Taste of Home cookbook. I modified it slightly by adding the chives. I made these potatoes the day before and stuck them in my fridge until I was ready to bake them the next day. Made for Thanksgiving 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment