Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cavatappi with Spinach, Beans, and Asiago Cheese

8 cups coarsely chopped spinach leaves
4 cups hot cooked cavatappi (about 6 oz uncooked spiral shaped pasta)
1/2 c. shredded Asiago Cheese
2 T. olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 (19oz) can cannellini beans or other white beans (drained and rinsed)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Cracked black pepper (optional)

Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper, if desired. Makes 4, 2 cup servings.

*I think this is a Cooking Light recipe, but it was just a clipping from a magazine that I had saved from years ago, so I'm not certain on that.

My husband and I both enjoyed this recipe much more than I thought we would. The flavor is wonderful and the dish feels light. We both felt you could easily add grilled chicken to the recipe. We ate this as a meal, but it could easily be a terrific side dish. *I did not find Cavatappi pasta at the store I went to the day I bought ingredients for this dish so I used Penne instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment