Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chicken Parmesan (slow-cooker)

1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c parmesan cheese
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
4 slices of mozzarella cheese
1 jar of pasta sauce (26 oz)

Spread olive oil around bottom and sides of crockpot

Beat the egg in a dish. Combine parmesan, seasonings, and bread crumbs in a dish.

Dip the chicken in the egg, then coat both sides with the bread crumb mixture. Stagger the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot. Put a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each piece of chicken. Pour the jar of pasta sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours, or on high 4 hours.

Serve over pasta.

*I got this recipe from my cousin Kylee.

This is one of the easiest, tastiest meals out there. As you can see by the pictures, I use shredded mozzarella cheese. I also prefer to use whole wheat linguini as my pasta when I serve it. My family's preferred pasta sauce is Ragu Thick and Chunky Garden Combination.

Crockpot Tips:
As you can see by the pictures I use the Reynolds Crockpot Liners. I've found them the cheapest at Target and Walmart ($1.87 for a pkg of 4). They cost twice as much at my local grocery store. I will often get coupons for them for $1.00 off too, which makes them even cheaper. Honestly even if I had to pay twice as much for them, I would because they make crockpot clean-up so much easier!

I usually put my crockpot meals together the night before and stick them in the fridge until morning when I plug it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment