Sunday, February 21, 2010

Skillet Lasagna

1 lb lean ground beef
2 green peppers*
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 jar (26oz) spaghetti sauce
1 2/3 c. water
1/4 c. Italian salad dressing
12 oven ready lasagna noodles (broke into quarters)
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

*I am not a big fan of green peppers so I use only 1 small pepper or sometimes less.  I also add a small can of sliced black olives.

Brown meat in large skillet and drain.
Stir in peppers, garlic, spaghetti sauce, water, and dressing. Bring to a boil.  Add noodles.  Stir.  Cover
Cook on medium-low heat 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.  Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover.  Let stand 5 minute, or until cheese is melted.

I found this recipe in the Kraft Food and Family Magazine.  I love this magazine and the great recipes it has. 

Recipe and Photo from Kraft Food and Family Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment