Saturday, July 16, 2011

Taquito Enchiladas

1 box frozen beef taquitos
1 pouch Uncle Ben's Ready Rice "Spanish Style" (cooked)
1 can (19 oz) enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

In a 9x13 pan, place a layer of taquitos (you should be able to get a full layer out of 1 box). Pour enchilada sauce over the taquitos. Spread the rice over the sauce. Top with cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

*You can add other toppings like onions, and black olives on top of the cheese if desired.
*You can use chicken taquitos and green enchilada sauce instead of beef.

I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. She was one of the few who answered my call for recipe help. I will have to say it's probably not the healthiest dish, but it's easy and relatively quick. We found it to be a bit spicy (could have been the taquitos, rice, or sauce), but it was good and I'll probably make it again.

Modificatiosn I made:
*I was unable to find the Spanish Style Ready Rice at the store I went to (though I did see it at Walmart today). I substituted a different quick cooking Spanish rice.
*I did not put 2 cups of cheese on top. I only used about 1 cup.
*I did put some thinly sliced green onions on top.
*We ate our enchiladas off a bed of shredded lettuce, and topped them with a little sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment